Yoga for the Special Child 95H Certification Part 1
Date and Time
About the Event
YOGA FOR THE SPECIAL CHILD® 95H PROGRAM - PART 1 (48 HOURS)
The Part 1 comprehensive training program provides the essential tools for working with children with special needs. Using hands-on instruction, Sonia (Sivakami) Sumar, guides program participants through each stage of the special child’s development. Topics include how to evaluate infants and children, how to create the optimum home environment and how to work with specific syndromes and disorders.
The Part 1 curriculum includes:
- Specific techniques for evaluating infants and children up to 3 years of age
- The different components of interacting and bonding with infants/children
- The components of Yoga for infants and children with special needs
- The description of the physiological/psychological benefits
- The four stages of development
1) Preparatory Stage (birth – 6 months) 2) Inductive Stage (6 months – 1 year) 3) Interactive Stage (1 – 2 years) 4) Imitative Stage (2 – 3 years)
- Specific techniques for evaluating and working with kids 3-12 years old
- Videos and/or demonstration of working with children of different ages
- Relaxation techniques.
Prerequisite: Part 1 Program
Part 2: Developing Programs for Teens and Young Adults
This course further expands on the techniques learned in Part 1 with special emphasis on working with teens and young adults, but also refining your skills to work with kids from 0-12 years
Note: Participants are expected to have had some experience teaching at least 2 hours of yoga for the special Child ® (i.e. 4 half-hour classes). Participants will bring at least one video of one of these half hour sessions/classes to the course for feedback. (Note: video must be compatible with Windows Media Player or Quick time). A video of any student of any age is acceptable but a session with an older child is encouraged.
The Part 2 curriculum includes: Review the four stages of development and receive feedback from Sonia regarding the videos each student recorded working with a child with Special Needs using Yoga for the Special Child - The Sonia Sumar Method
- Discuss theory and practice of working with older students 13 and above
- Describe physiological and psychological benefits of yoga on older children and young
- Learn challenges and solutions for working with adolescents and teens
- Learn criteria and structure of group classes
- Provide opportunity for feedback and guidance on specific case studies
YOGA FOR THE SPECIAL CHILD® 95H CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
After completion of the 95H Certification Program (Part 1 and 2) courses and fulfill the requirements for the video class, participants will receive a Certificate of Accomplishment for the program,
**For Registered Yoga Teachers with 200hrs, both Part 1 and 2 comprehensive teacher training satisfies the 95 contact hours for Yoga Alliance RCYT (registered children’s yoga teacher). Please note: you must complete both courses to have the combined 95 contact hours for the Yoga Alliance. Please refer to Yoga Alliance for additional information on the requirement to obtain RCYT certification.
After Part 1 and 2, you will not be certified to teach Yoga for the Special Child® to other teachers, but to teach yoga classes to all ages children using the Sonia Sumar Method.
Who Should Attend
Yoga for the Special Child® is ideal for parents, caregivers, yoga teachers, educators, occupational, physical, and speech therapists, nurses, or anyone interested in teaching yoga to children with special needs.
At the end of the course you will receive a Certificate that is recognized by Yoga Alliance US and Yoga Alliance UK. Once you receive this certificate you can officially start teaching yoga to children with special needs from 0 to 12 years old. If you decide to do that Privately you will need insurance and valid up to date CRB ( this is only applicable/ needed in UK, other countries may have different rules and regulations. ) You will be also able to apply for Yoga for the Special Child Practitioner Licence which means that you will be able to use the title “Yoga for the Special Child Practitioner”, use the logo of Yoga for the Special Child and also have your contact details listed on the main website. This is a great way of generating clients as the website is worldwide recognized and has a huge number of visitors. It will also connect you to the rest of the Yoga for the Special Child family from all around the world. It is an extensive network of fantastic dedicated yoga therapy practitioners that offers a great support and connection.
- YSC 95HCertification Part 1$1,080$1,0800$0