Yoga for the Special Child 95H Program Part 1
Date and Time
About the Event
The Part 1 comprehensive training program provides the essential tools for working with children with special needs. Using hands-on instruction, Sonia (Sivakami) Sumar, guides program participants through each stage of the special child’s development. Topics include how to evaluate infants and children, how to create the optimum home environment and how to work with specific syndromes and disorders.
The Part 1 curriculum includes:
- Specific techniques for evaluating infants and children up to 3 years of age
- The different components of interacting and bonding with infants/children
- The components of Yoga for infants and children with special needs
- The description of the physiological/psychological benefits
- The four stages of development
1) Preparatory Stage (birth – 6 months) 2) Inductive Stage (6 months – 1 year) 3) Interactive Stage (1 – 2 years) 4) Imitative Stage (2 – 3 years)
- Specific techniques for evaluating and working with kids 3-12 years old
- Videos and/or demonstration of working with children of different ages
- Relaxation techniques.