WHAT WE DO
The Sonia Sumar Method - Yoga for All Abilities ®, LLC training Programs offer a unique learning environment for children and their parents, special education teachers, Yoga teachers and health care professionals.
Courses are taught by internationally renowned Yoga therapist and author Sonia Sumar (and her well trained, certified teachers), whose innovative teaching methods have been improving the lives of children and adults with special needs for almost 50 years.
C-IAYT, E-RYT® 500, RCYT®, YACEP®
Sonia is a recognized member of: Yoga Alliance (US and UK), Integral Yoga Teachers Association and International Association of Yoga Therapists.
She began teaching Yoga for children with special needs after her daughter Roberta was born with Down Syndrome in 1972. Sonia noticed many positive changes in Roberta from using Yoga, so in 1975 she became a Certified Yoga Teacher. Sonia's life dream is to help the world's special children achieve their full potential and become active and productive members of society. Nothing can better express her success than the letters she receives from the parents of her students.
Our 95H Certification Program is a comprehensive training that provides the essential tools for working with the population with special needs. Using hands-on instruction, our teachers guide program participants through each stage of the special child’s development.
These courses are open to Yoga therapists, instructors, students, health care practitioners, and families of special children who have completed our Yoga for the Special Child® 95H Certification Program Part 1.
This 200H Yoga Alliance approved program will give you the tools to work with adults with and without special needs following the Sonia Sumar Method.
Click on the event title for more info, and on "buy tickets" or "register here" to sign up
- Tue, Sep 05ZoomSep 05, 7:45 AM EDT – Sep 28, 9:15 AM EDTZoom
- Fri, Sep 22ZOOMSep 22, 2:00 PM EDT – Sep 24, 5:00 PM EDTZOOM
- Fri, Oct 06ZOOM live streamingOct 06, 7:00 PM GMT+8 – Nov 05, 10:00 PM GMT+8ZOOM live streamingOct 06, 7:00 PM GMT+8 – Nov 05, 10:00 PM GMT+8ZOOM live streamingThe Part 1 comprehensive training program provides the essential tools for working with children with additional needs. Using hands-on instruction, videos and other tools, we will guide program participants through each stage of the special child’s development.
- Sat, Oct 21MahaDevi Roberta Sumar Yoga CentreOct 21, 9:00 AM GMT+1 – Oct 26, 5:00 PM GMT+1MahaDevi Roberta Sumar Yoga Centre, 12 Eden Grove, London N7 8EQ, UK
- Wed, Nov 01ZOOM platformNov 01, 8:00 AM EDT – Nov 03, 3:00 PM EDTZOOM platform
- Sun, Nov 19MahaDevi Roberta Sumar Yoga CentreNov 19, 8:00 AM GMT – Nov 24, 1:00 PM GMTMahaDevi Roberta Sumar Yoga Centre, 12 Eden Grove, London N7 8EQ, UK
- Mon, Nov 20CoimbatoreNov 20, 9:00 AM – Nov 25, 5:00 PMCoimbatore, Shop No.139, 86, W Sambandam Rd, R.S. Puram, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641002, India
- Mon, Dec 04Aditi Yoga StudioDec 04, 8:00 AM GMT+8 – Dec 10, 1:00 PM GMT+8Aditi Yoga Studio, 105, Taiwan, Taipei City, Songshan District, Section 4, Nanjing E Rd, 51號7F
- Thu, Dec 14Isshinji Minami-KaishoDec 14, 9:00 AM GMT+9 – Dec 19, 5:00 PM GMT+9Isshinji Minami-Kaisho , 2-chōme-8-69 Ōsaka, Tennoji Ward, Osaka, 543-0062, Japan
MEET OUR TEACHERS
"Sonia teaches from a very deep place within herself sharing personal experiences with a wonderful sense of humor allowing us to self reflect, learn the beauty of Yoga, and truly learn to appreciate children with special needs and how Yoga can impact them."